We evaluate the 2023 KTM 890 Journey, which has new styling and was made extra off-road succesful with revised suspension, new tires, up to date electronics, and extra. General, it’s a extra succesful, versatile, snug journey bike.
Take a look at our video evaluate:
Associated: 2023 KTM 890 Journey | First Trip Overview
Adjustments to the 2023 KTM 890 Journey:
- Softer damping settings for the WP APEX suspension and new new finger-turn adjusters on the fork caps.
- Automated collection of Offroad ABS in Offroad and (elective) Rally trip modes.
- New Demo mode, which permits a brand new proprietor to make use of and consider elective digital upgrades for 1,500 km (932 miles) earlier than paying for them. Choices embody Rally mode, Motor Slip Regulation, Quickshifter+, and cruise management, which may be bought individually or all collectively as a part of the Tech Pack ($549.99).
- Upgraded 5-inch TFT show with new graphics, a extra intuitive menu system, and color-coded pictograms of the bike. An elective connectivity unit permits the bike to be paired to the KTMconnect app through Bluetooth, which permits Flip-by-Flip+ navigation in addition to music and calling capabilities when linked to a helmet communicator.
- Revised bodywork with a extra built-in entrance fairing that features bigger tank and aspect panels, in addition to extra load-bearing capability for big GPS gadgets (there are USB and 12V retailers on the sprint). The brand new windscreen is taller, has a steeper pitch, and features a vertical lip on the prime, in addition to a gap within the heart that reduces buffeting at excessive velocity.
- A revised seat with an additional 0.4 inch of froth within the seat, which will increase the peak of the twin place seat by the identical quantity to 33.1/33.9 inches, however the seat has a narrower form for comparable stand-over top.
- New Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tires, which have a roughly 70/30 on/off-road ratio in comparison with the 90/10 ADV tires on the earlier mannequin.
2023 KTM 890 Journey Specs
- Base Value: $13,949
- Value as Examined: $14,499 (Tech Pack)
- Web site: KTM.com
- Guarantee: 2 yrs., 24,000 miles
- Engine Sort: Liquid-cooled, transverse parallel-Twin, DOHC w/ 4 valves per cyl.
- Displacement: 889cc Bore x Stroke: 90.7 x 68.8mm
- Horsepower: 105 @ 8,000 rpm (manufacturing unit declare)
- Torque: 74 lb-ft @ 6,500 rpm (manufacturing unit declare)
- Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated slip/help moist clutch
- Ultimate Drive: X-ring chain
- Wheelbase: 59.4 in.
- Rake/Path: 25.9 levels/4.2 in.
- Seat Top: 33.1/33.9 in.
- Moist Weight: 474 lb (claimed)
- Gas Capability: 5.3 gal
- Gas Consumption: 52.3 mpg (claimed)