Meninga Cup semi-finals: Right here’s our 15 high weapons from in the present day’s sudden loss of life finals between the Jets and Blackhawks; the Redcliffe Dolphins and Wynnum-Manly. The checklist features a three attempt hero.
The Redcliffe Dolphins and Townsville Blackhawks had been now into the Meninga Cup grand ultimate after gritty semi ultimate victories on the North Ipswich Reserve on Saturday.
The Dolphins thumped the Seagulls 56-18, the scoreline inflating late within the sport after the competition escaped Wynnum-Manly who had been simply six down at half (18-12).
And in sport No.2 the boys from Townsville got a scare after an impressed second half effort from the Jets noticed their lead shrink from 22-0 to 36-26.
Then Blackhawks winger Rayzarlin Pearson scored within the seventieth minute to place a nail within the coffin.
Within the first match, Redcliffe’s John Fineanganofo broke open the battle of the bayside with a hattrick, and was one among our 15 Prime Weapons from the matches which we current beneath.
REDCLIFFE V WYNNUM
THREE THINGS WE LEARNT
1. Wynnum second rower Jett Bryce is the final word destructor. Twice his aggression in touch dislodged the ball from his rival, incomes Wynnum an escape on their attempt line.
2. Wynnum winger Jeremiah Havea has nice upside along with his wingspan and tall body, imposing himself as an intercept risk. On one event he saved a sure attempt by reaching out and batting the ball down and on one other, he thwarted Redcliffe’s possibilities up shut with a breakaway intercept to get his workforce out of bother.
3. Queensland, and these semi finals, have loads of nice younger hookers. Wynnum’s Cameron Bukowski, Redcliffe’s Mitch Rogers and Ipswich’s Tyler Peckham-Harris who all starred this Meninga season, all have it. Rogers is an additional kicking choice, with an unrivalled match health, Bukowski is robust and may go it extremely each methods, whereas Peckham-Harris is a dynamo able to ducking his manner by way of defences.
PLAYERS OF THE DAY
John Fineanganofo (Redcliffe)
A hat-trick within the semi ultimate. Does it get any higher?
This man was medical, scoring, aiding, tackling arduous and sniping, changing seven-from-eight.
He used his energy and leg drive to barrel his manner by way of the Seagulls defence and if he wasn’t working he was placing his wingers Jayden Alefaio and Siosifa Kava over.
Delighted head coach Scott Tronc put it merely saying the No.6 was a real footy participant.
“You don’t have to fret about the place he performs, he’s a footy participant.”
Coby Black (Wynnum)
The No.1 five-eighth in Queensland in his age group, Black performed a few of his finest footy when the season was on the road.
Other than being an ideal chief, evident when the No.7 rallies his boys collectively within the huddle, he’s additionally a genius kingmaker who can broke open defences once you least anticipate it.
He arrange attempt No.1 with a ravishing go again on his inside, earlier than a sensible downfield bomb on sort out No.2 noticed him stroll over after Innes chased it down.
Elijah Rasmussen (Redcliffe)
Holding down his finish of the cut price was powerhouse prop Rasmussen, who met pressure with pressure. His efforts rapidly wore out the Wynnum ahead pack, that means their backs needed to do additional work. In the long run, the rating blew open, courtesy of the foundations he laid.
“He was nice on the market in the present day. He took the ball ahead and did his job effectively. You possibly can’t ask for greater than that out of your entrance rower. He simply caught to it which was spectacular,” Tronc stated after his troops “turned up” in an enormous second half effort.
Saxon Innes (Wynnum)
His velocity got here in useful for the Seagulls, the critically quick fullback scoring his workforce’s first with an ideal line and making the second attainable with a mammoth 70m kick chase to retrieve an excellent Black boot.
His defence was sound, and he even performed the complete 70 after an enormous collision would’ve seen most different gamers come from the sphere.
There have been different notable efforts from throughout the park. This included:
+ Redcliffe’s Larry Siala, who had one among his higher video games of the season. The second rower was a king at making post-contact metres.
+ Wynnum’s Beni Allen was powerful as teak within the first half of soccer, bruising the defensive position along with his hit ups.
+ Wynnum’s Will Lane and Harry Armstrong had been simple to note such was their work price. The pair busted tackles, giving Black and Jeremy Trappett entrance foot ball.
+ Redcliffe centre Zac Garton didn’t have a lot ball however when he had it he appeared harmful. It was his communication along with his teammates, power, and encouragement which gave Redcliffe the sting within the centres.
IPSWICH V TOWNSVILLE
THREE THINGS WE LEARNT
1. Alton Naiyep is the actual deal. We noticed it within the Langer Trophy final yr by way of to the Nationwide Schoolboys ultimate, and now the Manly signed wing remains to be bettering with each outing. He’s not simply robust and fast however sensible too. For instance, when Blackhawks centre Harley Walker made a break down Naiyep’s edge, he made certain to remain on his wing to control the dangerously fast Teke Mene.
2. The battle for one of the best centre on the day was hotly contested. Was it Townsville’s No.4 Eatu Kilauea, a towering, cell risk who seems for the offload in site visitors? Or Ipswich’s LJ Nonu, a trusty exterior centre with all of the methods. Velocity, a step and body-on-the-line kind of defence?
3. Ipswich are second half heroes. Not as soon as not twice however thrice this season we’ve got seen the Jets begin sluggish, discover themselves down and battle their manner again into it to win by the pores and skin of their enamel. They had been profitable towards the Sunshine Coast Falcons in spherical 5(30-26) and the Broad Bay Bulls in spherical 7 (23-22), however towards the Blackhawks it was too little too late.
Kaiden Lahrs and Jamal Shibasaki (Blackhawks)
These two props got here to play and due to their efforts the Blackhawks had been capable of grind out a win. The blonde haired Lahrs and the enormous Shibasaki made issues a complete lot simpler for his or her workforce.
At any time when Ipswich went extensive, they had been harmful. However, the center was locked down and there was no manner through- these two manning the center like their lives trusted it.
Coach Zeb Kyle stated his core in props Lahrs and Shibasaki, and hooker Hoani Harris, defended their again sides off.
“They’ve been good our complete marketing campaign,” he stated about his props persistently exhibiting up on defence.
Reece Foley (Blackhawks)
He didn’t wow the gang or spark a attempt of the yr however he was the epitome of calmness.
Below strain and with each cause to panic, he stayed the course and after a fair tempered efficiency when he appeared sharp gliding from sideline to sideline, he bought Townsville to security.
Jack Prior (Blackhawks)
At fullback, Prior did a terrific job. He was secure as homes underneath the excessive ball, and a very good injection within the offensive line.
Coach Kyle recommended the best way he gave his facet “ nice yardage out of the again.”
Loranzo Fono and Marley Helion (Blackhawks)
Off the bench, this dynamic duo gave 110 per cent to maintain the Jets at bay.
Kyle stated off the bench they supplied punch after they got here on.
“They supplied the power,” he stated post-game after the Blackhawks, impressed by their bench weapons, had been capable of deter a second-half surge from Ipswich.
LJ Nonu (Ipswich)
Nonu bagged a double and would have relished a full 70 minutes after lacking a number of video games this season.
On the proper edge he was lethal, placing Townsville on the again foot with each carry. Ipswich SHS shall be fortunate to have him on this yr’s Langer Trophy to switch Caleb Jackson and Tre Fotu.
Lachlan Stuart (Ipswich)
Coming into the line-up with Peckham-Harris sidelined as a consequence of a harmful sort out in spherical 7, Stuart was little question excited. As was coach Shane Harris, who made notice pre-game that he was the kind of participant you’d need in video games like these.
And, it didn’t take lengthy for Stuart to search out his toes after coming off the bench. Right away he was making sort out after sort out, dashing to the ruck and delivering crisp ball to his halves.
The phrase gutsy involves thoughts.
Alton Naiyep (Ipswich)
Two tries and a ton of labor, Naiyep’s worth might by no means be measured by tries scored.
On the wing, he someway manages to at all times keep in, regardless of working straight at his opponent quite than chopping again in. That’s simply how robust he’s.
Below the excessive ball he was excellent and though it wasn’t the consequence his workforce had been after, Naiyep ought to maintain his head excessive after having a season of goals.
Initially printed as Meninga Cup: Right here’s our 15 high weapons froms semi ultimate day