We overview the all-new 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 800DE, an off-road-ready middleweight journey bike that slots in between the V-Strom 650 and V-Strom 1050. Till the 800 got here alongside, V-Stroms have had V-Twin engines (therefore the “V-” within the identify, however Suzuki now says it stands for “Versatile).
The V-Strom 800DE is powered by a brand new 776cc parallel-Twin that makes a claimed 83 hp at 8,500 rpm and 57.5 lb-ft of torque at 6,800 rpm. The identical engine can also be discovered within the new 2023 Suzuki GSX-8S bare bike.
It additionally incorporates a 21-inch entrance wheel, spoked wheels (tubes are required), 8.7 inches of entrance/rear suspension journey, and eight.75 inches of floor clearance. The Suzuki Clever Journey System contains the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector with three throttle maps, traction management with three on-road settings and a “G” (gravel) off-road setting, ABS with a number of modes (it may also be turned off on the rear), and a quickshifter.
We traveled to Sardinia, Italy, for 2 days of on-road and off-road testing. Watch the video to see the V-Strom 800DE in motion and get our impressions. You can too learn our First Journey Evaluate.
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 800DE Specs
- Base Worth: $11,349
- Web site: SuzukiCycles.com
- Guarantee: 1 yr., unltd. miles
- Engine Kind: Liquid-cooled, transverse parallel-Twin, DOHC w/ 4 valves per cyl.
- Displacement: 776cc
- Bore x Stroke: 84.0 x 70mm
- Horsepower: 83 hp @ 8,500 rpm (manufacturing unit declare)
- Torque: 57.5 lb-ft @ 6,800 rpm (manufacturing unit declare)
- Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated slip/help moist clutch
- Closing Drive: Chain
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in.
- Rake/Path: 28.0 levels/4.5 in.
- Seat Top: 33.7 in.
- Moist Weight: 507 lb
- Gasoline Capability: 5.3 gal.
- Gasoline Consumption: 53.4 mpg (manufacturing unit declare)