MXGP dropped into the demanding sand monitor of Riola Sardo for spherical two of 19 and the circuit was the setting for Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing’s Jeffrey Herlings to earn his first victory of the season along with his KTM 450 SX-F, his first for the reason that last spherical of the title-winning 2021 marketing campaign and the a centesimal of a glittering profession.
- Again to Europe for the FIM World Championship and the primary of two Italian dates in 2023
- Herlings logs a 2-2 scorecard for victory, a second consecutive podium end and is 2nd within the championship desk
- Andrea Adamo rides to sixth in MX2 and with the KTM 250 SX-F whereas Liam Everts makes the highest ten
- MXGP strikes subsequent to Switzerland on Easter weekend
Riola Sardo was powerful however acquainted floor for MXGP: the venue is a daily pre-season testing website and has hosted rounds of the sequence for the final two years. The local weather was steady, offering nice spring temperatures. Herlings grabbed championship factors for classifying third within the Saturday RAM Qualification race.
On Sunday the Dutchman didn’t make the most effective of begins however rallied in his most popular terrain to take 2nd place behind Jorge Prado within the first moto. The second outing noticed the #84 needing to get well from an early race setback that put him right down to ninth. A sometimes barreling efficiency dragged him by Maxime Renaux and into the runner-up slot with two laps to go: the go meant total victory.
Jeffrey is now only one profession win away from equaling the all-time document. His first got here in 2010 whereas 15-years-old on the Grand Prix of the Netherlands at Valkenswaard. All 100 have been earned whereas in Crimson Bull KTM colours and with both KTM 250 SX-F or 450 SX-F equipment.
In MX2 Andrea Adamo rued some so-so begins to take two prime six outcomes and sixth total on the day. The classification retains the Italian 4th within the championship. Teammate Liam Everts had a crash within the first MX2 moto that lowered him to ninth. He began brightly however dropped to eighth within the second sprint for ninth total.
MXGP makes a welcome return to Frauenfeld for the primary Grand Prix of Switzerland since 2018 as spherical three of the calendar will happen on Easter Monday.
Jeffrey Herlings, 2nd and 2nd for 1st total in MXGP: “A a centesimal GP! Wonderful. It was powerful as a result of the monitor was quick and it wasn’t simple to go, the nearer you bought to the entrance the tougher it was! When the opposite riders have been getting a bit drained I used to be nonetheless in good condition and will maintain pushing. I have to work on my begins. I’ve been specializing in my motos however I do know it’s a weak level and it must be improved. As soon as we are able to get that dialled in then life will likely be simpler. I’m excited to see how the monitor will likely be in Switzerland.”
Andrea Adamo, fifth and sixth for sixth total in MX2: “A little bit of an up-and-down day however ultimately fairly a stable end result. We’re right here to make the rostrum at each GP however this is among the hardest tracks on the calendar. I didn’t make any errors and my driving wasn’t unhealthy though we want higher begins. I’m certain we’ll do higher in Switzerland.”
Liam Everts, ninth and eighth for ninth total in MX2: “A really tough weekend for me. My feeling was a bit higher on Sunday to be sincere and that confirmed after I ran in 4th after which fifth. I used to be snug till I had a reasonably large one a couple of laps earlier than the top. I used to be fortunate to rescue P9. My begin was higher within the second moto however I’m unsure why I went again to eighth. I wasn’t drained on the bike and didn’t really feel any fatigue however I couldn’t get any circulation on the monitor. We’ll have to anaylyze why. The moto simply ended with P8. A tough day. I wish to regroup and are available again higher in Switzerland.”
Outcomes MXGP Sardegna 2023
1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED), Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 2-2
2. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED), Yamaha, 5-1
3. Jorge Prado (ESP), GASGAS, 1-6
4. Maxime Renaux (FRA), Yamaha, 4-3
5. Calvin Vlaanderen (NED), Yamaha, 3-5
Standings MXGP 2023 after 2 of 19 rounds
1. Jorge Prado (ESP), GASGAS, 100 factors
2. Jeffrey Herlings (NED), Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 93
3. Maxime Renaux (FRA), Yamaha, 78
4. Romain Febvre (FRA), Kawasaki, 78
5. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED), Yamaha, 75
Outcomes MX2 Sardegna 2023
1. Jago Geerts (BEL), Yamaha, 2-1
2. Kay de Wolf (NED), Husqvarna, 1-2
3. Thibault Benistant (FRA), Yamaha, 4-3
4. Simon Laengenfelder (GER) GASGAS 3-7
5. Lucas Coenen (BEL), Husqvarna 6-4
6. Andrea Adamo (ITA), Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 5-6
9. Liam Everts (BEL) Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 9-8
Standings MX2 2023 after 2 of 19 rounds
1. Jago Geerts (BEL), Yamaha, 117 factors
2. Kay de Wolf (NED), Husqvarna, 87
3. Thibault Benistant (FRA), Yamaha, 86
4. Andrea Adamo (ITA), Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 83
5. Simon Laegenfelder (GER), GASGAS, 79
8. Liam Everts (BEL) Crimson Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing, 61