10 most costly gamers bought at WPL Public sale 2023
The public sale for the inaugural Girls’s Premier League (WPL) season noticed India batter Smriti Mandhana grabbing the headlines.
The left-handed opener, who’s in style for her fashionable stroke play, was roped in by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) for ₹3.40 crore. Her public sale triggered a bidding struggle between Mumbai Indians (MI) and RCB. Listed beneath the bottom value of ₹50 lakh, Mumbai and Bangalore tussled until her worth rose to three crore earlier than issues dried down a bit. Two extra bidding rounds earlier than auctioneer Mallika Sagar lastly closed it, with RCB main at ₹3.40 crore.
Workforce India captain Harmanpreet Kaur, the second participant within the marquee set 1, was purchased by Nita Ambani-owned MI for ₹1.8 crore. Australia all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner additionally triggered a bidding struggle and was bought to Gujarat Giants for ₹3.2 crore, making her the second-most costly participant of the 2023 WPL season.
High-order batter Jemimah Rodrigues, who took India over the end line within the recently-concluded T20 World Cup match in opposition to Pakistan, was picked by Delhi Capitals for ₹2.20 crore.
In the meantime, the England duo of Nat Sciver-Brunt and Sophie Ecclestone went to MI and UP Warriorz for ₹3.2 cr and ₹1.8 cr, respectively.
Costliest gamers at WPL Public sale 2023:
- Smriti Mandhana (Royal Challengers Bangalore): Rs 3.4 cr
- Ashleigh Gardner (Gujarat Giants): Rs 3.2 cr
- Nat Sciver-Brunt (Mumbai Indians): Rs 3.2 cr
- Deepti Sharma (UP Warriorz): Rs 2.6 cr
- Jemimah Rodrigues (Delhi Capitals): Rs 2.2 cr
- Beth Mooney (Gujarat Giants): Rs 2 cr
- Shafali Verma (Delhi Capitals): Rs 2 cr
- Pooja Vastrakar (Mumbai Indians): Rs 1.9 cr
- Richa Ghosh (Royal Challengers Bangalore): Rs 1.9 cr
- Harmanpreet Kaur (Mumbai Indians): Rs 1.8 cr
- Sophie Ecclestone (UP Warriorz): Rs 1.8 cr
The WPL 2023 is scheduled to happen in Mumbai from March 4 to 26. A complete of twenty-two matches will likely be performed on the two venues – Brabourne Stadium and D.Y. Patil Stadium.
Share with a Cricket fan!
Learn Subsequent Article
↓↓ Scroll down ↓↓
TAGS: Ashleigh Gardner, Australia, Harmanpreet Kaur, India, Smriti Mandhana, Girls’s Premier League, WPL 2023, WPL Public sale 2023
CATEGORY: Girls Cricket, Girls’s Premier League
For newest cricket information and updates, subscribe to our Weekly E-newsletter.